Automated weather support system (ASMO) is one of the main elements
of a modern decision support system for winter maintenance of the runway.
Creating ASMO is a necessary step in planning the organization of work
on introduction of modern technologies to improve safety on the runway
during takeoff, landing and taxiing of aircraft and to increase it (runway)
AIMS «MeteoTrassa» provides necessary meteorological information
for the Ground Service units about the state of its surface, contributing
to effective decisions on maintaining the runway in bad weather
conditions, giving warnings of severe weather (winter slipperiness,
precipitation) and the optimum use of chemicals.
Purpose is to ensure the timely specialized meteorological information
services on the status of runway. Information provided by the system allows
terminal services and other services serving the runway, have accurate
information about weather conditions and the changes and prepare for
hazards, to carry out preventive measures, using modern technology winter
maintenance of the runway.
Structural scheme AIMS «MeteoTrassa»
- measurement and delivery of meteorological information and data
about the state of the surface of the runway,
- reception and transmission of data in a controlled manner,
- control, processing, archiving and displaying data in a convenient
form (map, tables, graphs)
- map-scheme of the current state of runway surface
- issuing warnings of severe weather (winter slipperiness, precipitation)
on the runway
- statistical processing of data (frequencies of wind speed and direction,
rainfall, number of transitions through 0 ° C, etc.)
- work with the weather radar information (optional) - map weather
phenomena, rainfall over a given period on a given territory.
- automation of the monitoring of runway surface
- issuing warnings of hazardous weather phenomena on the runway,
- providing customers with operational meteorological information
and data about the state covering the runway.
- data network of meteorological stations (MS)
- data from network of weather radars
- specialized forecasts
Types of displaying information
- central system (installed, usually at the workplace of the engineer
of aerodrome ground service) - a special software, a PC expansion cards,
UPS, modems for communicating with MS and workstations, printers,
- workstations (installed in the workplace Chief airfield services,
and other management bodies of the airport) - ACT, a computer, an
uninterruptible power supply, a modem for communication with the
central system and printer
- Weather Stations ROSA company Vaisala Oyj.
Vaisala Oyj .
Thanks to its flexible architecture is the possibility of different
configuration and system expansion.
- Type Certificate
RU.C.28.001.A №53861 of 24.01.2014 of the Federal Agency
for Technical Regulation and Metrology
- Type Certificate
№ 446 of 16.08.2007 IAC
for the equipment manufacturers from 25.11.2014 № 212 IAC
As of 1 June 2017, 13 AIMS «MeteoTrassa» were installed in the following airports
by ICAO Category III:
- Astana, Kazakhstan;
- Pulkovo, St.Petersburg, Russia;
- Domodedovo, Moscow, Russia.
- Petropavlovsk-Kamchatski, Russia.